Vision: An interreligious society in which dialogue replaces division, friendship overcomes fear, and education eradicates ignorance.
Mission: To dismantle religious bias and bigotry, ICJS builds learning communities where religious difference becomes a powerful force for good.
The Institute for Islamic, Christian, and Jewish Studies (ICJS) is an independent nonprofit founded in 1987 and based in Baltimore, Maryland. By constructively engaging with religious diversity through education, scholarship, and thought leadership, we are shaping a new relationship among Muslims, Christians, and Jews, and modeling a conversation that affirms and values religious pluralism in the United States.
ICJS has a full staff of 12 and up to a 40-person Board of Directors that includes congregational, community, and business leaders. The current operating budget is approximately $1.7M.
ICJS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a space of belonging for all employees. See our ICJS values for more.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
The Communications & Marketing Director (“Director”) will be responsible for effectively communicating and promoting ICJS’ expertise, programs, and mission to internal and external stakeholders, including program participants, religious and civic leaders, donors, and media outlets (general audience, academic, and religious). Using the recently adopted Strategic Framework, the Director will promote the vision and mission of ICJS through multiple communication channels. Using a high degree of religious literacy and a commitment to interreligious study and encounter, the Director will align communication materials and messages to the ICJS values. The Director reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Communications and Development Associate.
- Develop and implement communications strategy across multiple channels and audiences;
- Create and use all communication channels to elevate ICJS brand, message and vision, including using earned media, thought leadership opportunities, website content, social media channels, live and virtual events, emails, and ICJS print publications;
- Expand the audience of ICJS programs and events using marketing, advertising, and other promotional ideas;
- Write, edit, and/or copy edit content for multiple channels;
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop strategy to advance ICJS’ new Strategic Framework goals, specifically “inspire the public to champion religious pluralism”;
- Assist scholars, program directors, and development staff with creating presentation materials;
- Optimize use of new website (currently under development in WordPress; to be launched Fall 2021) with rich content;
- Create and execute organizational communication policies, including when and how to issue public statements in response to current events;
- Manage the Communications budget, including vendor contracts and relationships;
- Develop and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with key media outlets, including religious and scholarly publications;
- Serve as a collaborative team member, able and willing to complete other duties as needed.
- Commitment to ICJS mission, vision, and values;
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field;
- At least 7-9 years of experience in communications field;
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Judaism and/or Christianity, and/or Islam; Experience and commitment to religious pluralism in the United States;
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills, with a professional record of developing stories, promoting events, and establishing and maintaining brand standards across platforms and audiences.
- Demonstrated experience optimizing marketing channels to increase visibility and support of an organization;
- Experience creating and supporting web site content, email marketing, and social media posts;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress;
- Proven self-starter with excellent organizational, analytic and partnership-building skills.
- Creative, flexible, and able to prioritize multiple projects and schedules.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Group health benefits (Medical, dental, and vision)
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, religious, and parental)
- Retirement plan (with employer contribution)
- Basic life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 12 days paid holidays
- Hybrid office work environment
Baltimore, Maryland (will consider remote for USA-based employee); preference to Baltimore-located employee
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office Administrator will be responsible for organizing and maintaining office systems. The Administrator will improve and maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures. The Administrator will organize logistical planning for events and track program metrics to measure success. The Administrator will maintain a safe, well-kept facility for employees and visitors. The Administrator will ensure that all staff have access to supplies and functioning equipment for efficient execution of work. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Improve and maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures.
- Support office operations by maintaining office systems.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Organize both digital and paper filing and storage systems.
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Manage phone calls and general correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
Administration of Events and Programs:
- Organize logistical planning for events (classes, lectures, meetings) and track metrics to measure success.
- Ensure the facility is ready for meetings, classes, and other events.
- Assist with publicity and registration.
- Assist with Zoom set-up and provide support for remote attendees.
- Arrange off-site accommodations when needed.
- Order necessary supplies and food.
- Coordinate vendors.
- Plan any needed lodging or transportation for visiting lecturers.
- Track and record metrics for assessing program success.
- Provide other event support as needed.
- Maintain a safe, well-kept facility for employees and visitors.
- Oversee and troubleshoot alarm system and other aspects of building security.
- Monitor annual schedule of maintenance for building and grounds, assuring that contracts are renewed and upkeep is scheduled.
- Arrange and oversee building repairs as needed.
- Liaison with the housekeeping vendor.
Equipment and Supplies:
- Ensure that all staff have access to supplies and functioning equipment for efficient execution of work.
- Track inventory of office supplies and place orders as necessary.
- Achieve financial objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage equipment leases, make timely recommendations regarding renewal, manage a maintenance schedule, arrange and monitor repairs as needed.
- Manage and maintain technology including computers, phones, Wi-Fi, etc.,
For all categories above: Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role.
- Demonstrated interest in our mission and vision.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Familiarity with office management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of Office 365 and Google Suite.
- BS/BA preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, paid leave, flexible about hours and remote work
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
Start date: by September 1, 2021